Most writers think typing 'the end' at the completion of a mss. is the end of their work.
What Can I Expect From A Rewrite Consultation?
- I line edit the first hundred pages; after that you should be able to follow what's gone before.
- I jot notes on the mss. pages, both pro and con.
- After reading the entire mss., I consider many points, among them writing ability, pace, characterization, plot, etc. and suggest ways that the writer can improve upon what's already on the page (if, indeed they can).
- Each mss. is returned with a full set of notes that addresses any changes I feel need to be made.
- If the writer wishes me to reread the manuscript after it's been reworked and polished, there will be a $200.00 reading fee.
- I cannot recommend work with which I am unfamiliar. I have to know the writer has been able to make the necessary changes and has executed them with precision before I can recommend.